Company registration in India is regulated by the Companies Act, 1956 and is administered by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA - www.mca.gov.in ) through the Offices of Registrar of Companies (ROC) in each State.
Types of companies that can be registered in India are Private Companies and Public Companies.
Company Registration process starts by filing of name application with the ROC. Once, name is allotted, company registration documents have to be prepared and filed with respective ROC for registration. Up on scrutiny of documents, in a day or two the ROC registers the Company and issue the Certificate of Incorporation.
Global Jurix simplifies the company registration process. We can assist you to register companies anywhere in India at an attractive cost.
Basic business structures available in India are Proprietorship, Partnership and Limited Company. Comparing to other forms of business, a Limited Company has various advantages such as separate legal entity, limited liability of shareholders, perpetual succession and may more.
Types of Companies available for Registration :-
- Private Company
- Public Companies
- Non Profit Organizations (Generally called as Sec.25 Company)
A company formed by minimum two persons as shareholders having the following features:
- Name of the company ends with the words 'Private Limited'
- Minimum paid up capital INR 100000
- Minimum two Directors
- Maximum number of members is limited to 50
- Restriction for transfer of shares
- Prohibits invitation to the public to subscribe shares of the company
- Prohibits acceptance of deposit from the public.
A company which is not a private company. The minimum number of shareholders ands directors required for registering a Public Company is 7 and 3 respectively. Subject to compliance of the Companies Act, there is no restriction as to number of members, issue and transfer of shares and acceptance of deposits.Non Profit Organizations ( Sec 25 Company ) :-
A company registered with the following features :-
- Promotion of commerce, art, science, religion, charity
- Prohibits distribution of profit / income among members
- Registered with limited liability without addition of Limited / Private Limited to its name.